I am amazed by the response I got within few days of opening up our blog. Let me highlight my intentions on the Blog and explain few things that we should do together.
- What are the opportunities available for us to take the country to economic prosperity (What we are good at).
- What is missing in the equation
- Help each other in filling the missing parts of the equation.
- Government machinery will come and Help, unless we could show some significant changes.
- Because there is a large expatriate community who are knowledgeable, economically better but without being able to help
- There are good entrepreneurs living in Sri Lanka with something missing in equation
- Government has bigger problems to solve (at least they think)
- Government cannot address verticals easily. But we can be only successful by working on verticals (like many European countries)
- System has not produced enough Think Tanks -(Politics :-))
- Remember what is missing in most cases for entrepreneur expansion (5- 25 people companies doing specialized projects - like luxury boats, or special crop etc) is the Capital and Marketing
- So even if we connect the capital with entrepreneur who will grantee the investment (traditionally I have seen our people have less financial management skills and end up cheating the investors)
- Benefits for taking the risk is = patriotism only (moreover less)
- We should take the risk people who live here and people who live outside and also should take the lead to fill the missing gaps
- Encourage government to participate on this process to learn the dynamics and help secure the environment.
- Find new opportunities
- Help in Marketing ( we are too bad at this )
I think the first thing we could do is
- Identify some industry verticals
- Collect expertise
- Create a blog
- Bring in possible missing parts of the equation
- create an echo system so that vertical will survive - bringing in gov to keep transparency and investment security
Here goes my two cents, so patriots, can you please add your two cents to this as well.